[pure-silver] Re: Strange Drymount Tissue Behavior

  • From: "Ken Hough " <k4sb@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 17:28:12 -0600

I've had the same issue. Except with seal tissue. Mine was old.
Age really has a lot to do with it. I learned to bend it. Old tissue
will fracture, fresh or viable will not as much.
Ken

So I was drymounting photographs today. At first, I did 8x10 FB
prints. Everything went well. (I use the method outlined in the Seal
manual, the one that Richard has mentioned a number of times on
numerous forums.) I then switched to 11x14" prints. When I tried to
tack the prints on the mount board, they didn't stick. I used exactly
the same method, (25 seconds with a Seal tacking iron through a piece
of release paper), and the prints are on the same paper. After
excessive tacking time (in my opinion), I finally got it to stick,
and
I put the 11x14 in the Seal press for 2 minutes at 200F, my usual
time. One corner of the print didn't mount.  The drymount tissue is
Bienfang ColorMount in both 8x10 and 11x14, in both cases that tissue
was bought this year. The storage conditions have been identical,
with
one box sitting right on top of the other. Any idea what's up?

-Peter De Smidt