[pure-silver] Re: Spotting and Microscope Questions

  • From: Ryuji Suzuki <rs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 17:06:02 -0400 (EDT)

From: "Koch, Gerald" <gkoch02@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: Spotting and Microscope Questions
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 15:51:03 -0400

> Spotting dyes are like any other dyes in that they will fade over
> time when exposed to light.

Do you know of such a research?

At least one of my spotting ink does not fade. I make it by grinding
india ink and mixing it with gum arabic.

> When you get into magnifications greater than that of a hand lense
> hand-eye coordination becomes a problem.

With a bit of practice, this is not a problem at all. It's more
problem to make precise hand manipulation than coordination. Actually,
binocular operating/dissecting microscope is much easier to work with
than a loupe stand because of stereo vision.  I use surgical
microscope of magnification up to 30x and operate under the aided
vision all the time. I also have experience in dissecting out brain
halves from fruit fly larvae under microscope.

--
Ryuji Suzuki
"Keep a good head and always carry a light camera."