[pure-silver] Re: Print Shrinkage & Paper Quality

  • From: Eric Nelson <emanmb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2011 08:37:12 -0800 (PST)

I've no way to check but I'm sure it's dry down here judging by how fast prints
dry and how quickly they get to that bone dry state where it's inadvisable to
put them in the press.
Drying takes place outside of the darkroom.  I never thought I'd be using a
humidifier down here and turned it on yesterday.  I was mostly surprised that
the shrinkage was enough so that it was kind of pointless to try and re-align
on
the easel and just eyeballed it from what I'd done before.  It wasn't critical
to match prints size-wise but it was interesting to find out about this in this
process.