[pure-silver] Re: PSE CONFIRM KRST

  • From: "Adrienne Moumin" <photowonder2010@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2007 13:15:35 -0400

SIX years??!!  Isn't there a finite capacity to this stuff?

Or do you just use it once a year, for old times' sake?  ;=}

-Adrienne Moumin

***************************************
on the web at:    http://www.picturexhibit.com
Saatchi Gallery:    http://tinyurl.com/hw6r3
Art DC:              http://tinyurl.com/vtjqf
***************************************

Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2007 12:03:02 -0400
From: Lloyd Erlick <lloyd@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: PSE CONFIRM KRST

--SNIPPAGE--

The key is to eliminate any acid that could find its way into the KRST. I
found that as long as I used acid in any way, stop bath and/or fix, any type
of acid acetic or citric, it could never be washed out thoroughly enough to
prevent the murky precipitate. However, when I switched to a water stop and
non-acid fixer, the murk ceased. I filter my KRST through coffee filters
fairly often, and it stays water clear for years and years. I just retired
myformer one after six years.

regards,
--le