[pure-silver] PSE CONFIRM KRST

  • From: "BOB KISS" <bobkiss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 13:09:55 -0400

For Richard Knoppow,

            I have heard many different opinions recently and, though you
and have disagreed, I have always respected that your postings have been
solidly based on documented facts.

            Soooooooooo, I am asking you to confirm the proper methods for
toning fiber based silver gelatin prints with KRST.  Since my first reading
of the Ansel Adams books and as late as the 2006 G-23 document from Kodak,
it has been said that one should proceed from the second fix of a two fix
process DIRECTLY into a KRST toning bath comprising working strength Kodak
Hypo Clearing Agent and KRST, mixed to one's preferred dilution.  (I am not
asking here about the proper dilution as that has been covered extensively
recently)  They go so far as to say that one should NOT rinse or wash
between 2nd fix and KHCA/KRST bath as stains may result.

Please confirm that it is correct to go directly from the 2nd fix into the
KHCA/KRST solution and that this will not produce yellow stains later.

            Thanks in advance.

                        CHEERS!

                                    BOB

 Please check my website:  <http://www.bobkiss.com/> http://www.bobkiss.com/

"Live as if you are going to die tomorrow.  Learn as if you are going to
live forever".  Mahatma Gandhi