[pure-silver] Re: POP with paper negs?

  • From: Ryuji Suzuki <rs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 08:50:59 -0500 (EST)

From: "Gene Johnson" <genej2@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: POP with paper negs?
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 05:44:47 -0800

> I did some hunting around on the Kodak and Ilford sites and it looks like
> their widest range papers max out at around 2.1 or 2.2 if I'm reading right.
> Like you said, kinda at the edge.  I'm not ready to try this yet, but I'm
> thinking about it.  Thanks Ryuji.

The thing is that those are reflection density. Light passes through
the emulsion twice in that case. But if you are using it as a
negative, you need to judge density and contrast by transmission
density, where light passes only once.
--
Ryuji Suzuki
"Keep a good head and always carry a light camera."