[pure-silver] Re: Old roll of E6

  • From: "Eric Neilsen Photo" <ej@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 18:04:13 -0500

I don't think I'd bother sending it out nor would I even think that much
will show up. E6 has poor image stability and if the images have been on
there any length of time they will be faded. You probably get chemistry to
do more than one roll and then a split of any kind could help.  I'd bet a
time of 4:45 to 5:00 base on normal temp - 96 so trim that back and shoot
for 8:00 at 75F.  would be fine. I'd say keeping it cool would be OK , you
are NOT going to get good color. So just look for images you can scan.

 good luck.

Eric Neilsen
Eric Neilsen Photography
4101 Commerce Street, Suite 9
Dallas, TX 75226

www.ericneilsenphotography.com
skype me with ejprinter
Let's Talk Photography

  _____

From: carlileb@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, August 20, 2013 8:59 am
To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Film used to come in rolls of 20 and 36 exposures. There was no 24-- that
came about the late 70s, early 80s. I would recommend taking advantage of
the custom lab for this, although you'll probably get OK results from
anywhere.

The images will be very faded, but you'll get something. E6 is still around,
if it were E4 you'd have a problem. I've even had old 'G' movie film come
out after 30 years in the can.