[pure-silver] Re: Old roll of E6

  • From: Snoopy <snoopy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 14:31:31 +0200

Dear friends,

well, I thik for only ONE roll that is then THE consistent result.

I do E-6 entirely by hand, i.e. I agitate the tank in a sink full of
warn water and it works beautifully and I do get good and consistent
results.

I can get 7 rolls of film in one tank (at 35 mm) and it takes an hour to
go through the process. My record is nearly 50 rolls in one night...:-)

You might see some colour shift due to the old age of the film, so
develop it, get it scanned and then correct it. You should be fine.

If you want, send it to me and I will do it for you.

Love
Snoopy

On 08/20/2013 09:42 AM, Claudio Bonavolta wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> I have a page on E-6 processing:
> http://www.bonavolta.ch/hobby/en/photo/e6.htm
> It's not difficult but I recommend using a processor, even a small one
> like a Jobo, to have better and constant results.
>
> What kit did you order ?
>
> Claudio Bonavolta
> www.bonavolta.ch
>
> /Le 20 août 2013 05:17, a écrit: /
>
>     Ok this one is a bit odd..  Found an old roll of slide film today.
>     It was stuffed in a bag and I have no idea where it came from.  It
>     could be a roll I took and the wife in packing "combined" ie moved
>     it outside of its normal place and neither of us noticed it was
>     there.  It might be a roll that I didn't even take from a move of
>     either of our parents.  Not likely mine, but might be hers or her
>     mothers brother that took it.
>
>     I see no date on it.   I also see no dx code on it either.  Its
>     Kodak Ektachrome 64  ER 135-20.   What is weird to me is that its a
>     20 roll exposure of film.  Maybe I have, but I have bought film in
>     24 and 36, but honestly don't remember a 20 roll.  Yes I have used
>     short rolls of 8.  Yet I don't remember the 20 roll, but then again
>     I am not as young as I used to be.
>
>     I do have a couple of hunches on what it might be.  One or two of
>     them might be priceless to me.  Getting E6 done here is tougher than
>     it once was.  Most places are shipping it somewhere and if this is
>     going to be done by anyone, it will be done in the same building I
>     am leaving it at.  No transport of any kind any where.  Been there
>     done that, they have lost that.  Ordered a kit today to process it
>     myself if need be.  Any advise and or information would be
>     appreciated.  Thank you in advance.
>
>     Mark

"Ceterum censeo, digitalem esse delendam"