[pure-silver] Re: Nikon users?

  • From: afterswift@xxxxxxx
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 22:46:49 -0500

The trouble is that Leica M's are as high as they ever were. No bargains there.
What makes the prices even higher for the film M's is that the Leica M lenses
can be used in the new digital M's. A sub FF digital M8 is now on the market
now for about $8K. A waste of money for sure. The Leica M9 will be a FF digital
that will probably compete with the pro Nikon digitals at a lower price.

Yep, now is the time to get a first rate film system camera. I wonder what an
F5 goes for now? I think Nikon is still making an F6. Best of them all was the
F, which I have and use.

Bob