[pure-silver] Re: Large Format Tilt

  • From: Jim Brick <jim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 10:53:39 -0800

C.Breukel@xxxxxxx wrote:

Back focussing is the same as front focussing?

I find back tilt to be much better than front tilt for the majority of situations. The reason is that the film stays in the center of the lens's image circle. You can use back tilt with very wide angle lenses and get no cutoff. You cannot use front tilt with wide angle lenses.

Therefore, I have gotten accustomed to using back tilt because I have both 55mm & 75mm lenses for my 4x5 and with back tilt, I can tilt 'till the cows come home without ever leaving the image circle.

It's a little more cumbersome since the dark cloth and the GG are also on the back standard, but with a little practice, you soon overcome the cumbersomeness.

:-)

Jim