[pure-silver] Re: Hypo Eliminator

  • From: Ryuji Suzuki <rs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 01:08:07 -0500 (EST)

I think 2% (20g/L) sodium sulfite is good as a washing aid.

If the solution is to be stored for reuse, I suggest to add a few
grams of DTPA or EDTA, and also a few grams of sodium citrate as
antioxidants to extend the shelf life.

Levenson studied effect of bicarbonate in washing water (not wash
aid), probably because he knew it was a factor and tap water contained
some.

I mentioned chloroacetate because it's mentioned in literature written
by AGFA people to be useful, but I know of no product based on this
compound, or any evidence of efficacy in real life situation.
--
Ryuji Suzuki
"Keep a good head and always carry a light camera."