[pure-silver] Hydroquinone - would you like fries with that?

  • From: Peter Badcock <peter.badcock@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 23:17:07 +1000

Feeling sub optimal the day after eating a large packet of McDonald's french
fries, I decided to check out their ingredients.   Did you know McDonald's
use a hydroquinone derivative in the oil used to cook their fries ?  It's
used as an antioxidant to reduce rancidity, and known as TBHQ.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tert-Butylhydroquinone

The temporary dip in my well being might have been coincidental, but even
the idea of eating so many unusual ingredients makes me want to stay far
away from them!

http://nutrition.mcdonalds.com/nutritionexchange/ingredientslist.pdf

Peter.