[pure-silver] Re: Hydroquinone - would you like fries with that?

  • From: Jean-David Beyer <jeandavid8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 09:53:06 -0400

Peter Badcock wrote:
> Feeling sub optimal the day after eating a large packet of McDonald's
> french fries, I decided to check out their ingredients.   Did you know
> McDonald's use a hydroquinone derivative in the oil used to cook their
> fries ?  It's used as an antioxidant to reduce rancidity, and known as TBHQ.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tert-Butylhydroquinone
>
> The temporary dip in my well being might have been coincidental, but
> even the idea of eating so many unusual ingredients makes me want to
> stay far away from them!
>
> http://nutrition.mcdonalds.com/nutritionexchange/ingredientslist.pdf
>
> Peter.

Way back when I was experimenting with developers, trying to find one
that would convert my poorly seen images into works of art, I decided to
use paraphenylenediamine. At the time it was believed to be
carcinogenic, so I could not get it. But it was used in hair dye for
women. Some studies confirm it is carcinogenic; some do not.

Unsafe for me to get a little on my fingers, but ok for women to soak
their heads with it.

Later, I realized that changes in processing were unlikely to correct
for poorly seen images.

 ^^-^^ 09:45:01 up 14 days, 13:03, 3 users, load average: 4.87, 4.81, 4.83