[pure-silver] Re: Embarking on a somewhat new adventure

  • From: Chauncey Walden <clwaldeniii@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 13:05:21 -0700

On 12/31/2010 6:42 AM, davestarr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Thanks for the tips, Richard. The lens is a 135mm F4.7 Wollensack Raptar in a Rapax shutter. After I posted yesterday, I discovered the shutter speed can't be set faster than 1/200 - the ring just stops turning. I do have a 135mm Nikkor-W I can use temporarily. The range finder's a Kalart, the camera serial number is D-112254.

I had a Busch Pressman D for many years and the only thing that eventually pried it from my hands was a Linhof Technika. I built the lensboards for it from two layers of hobby shop sheet aluminum epoxied together. Its original lens was a 135mm Culminar which was very satisfactory. Its final kit included a 90mm Angulon, a 150mm Symmar-S and a 210mm Geronon, all of which with the camera fit in a very small bag.
Chauncey