[pure-silver] Re: Embarking on a somewhat new adventure

  • From: Speedy <speedgraphic@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 12:56:07 +0000

David,

Your post reminds me of something I have been wanting to try.

I have a few Speedgraphics.  I probably have enough parts to put together
a SG Flashgun, but of course the problem is the batteries and the bulbs.

I also have a Quantum Q flash with the parabolic reflector.  I used it
extensively when I used to shoot weddings.

What I have wanted to try was that Q Flash with one of my Speedgraphics
to see if I could duplicate the look of 4x5 with the bulb type flashguns of the
day...

Speedy

Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 15:10:05 -0800
From: davestarr2@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [pure-silver] Embarking on a somewhat new adventure
To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Today, the mailman dropped off my new toy - a Busch Pressman 4x5 in excellent
condition.  It looks almost new; not bad for $200.00!  It should be a nice
compliment to the Tachihara & Cambo SCX.
The adventure is - - - shoot only 4x5.  The RB67 pro-S is (was) for portraits,
which can be done with sheet film, and the 35mm is (was) for weddings, which I
choose not to do any more, and for casual snapshots, which digital (gasp!! -
sorry!) can handle.  Not sure how it'll all work out, but it should be fun.
Plus, it'll cut down on the amount of varied equipment, film, and processing
requirements.  Not to mention that when I saw my first 4x5 negative a few years
ago, I was hooked.

All I need now is a flashgun for the new toy.  And, maybe a supply of press-25
 bulbs.

  Paddle faster, I hear banjos

45ACP: Don't leave home without it.

Web site - www.destarr.com