[pure-silver] Re: Confusing Terms

  • From: "J.R. Stewart" <jrstewart@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 09:43:42 -0500

Ralph, depending on your intended audience, it may be overkill to try to
distinquish these things with definitions. From a practical viewpoint, I buy
mount/mat board either cut or uncut. If I buy 30x40, I know it's a big sheet
of the stuff and I'll have to resize it to my needs. If I buy uncut mount
board, I know I'll have to cut the window myself. That's how all this
material is sold where I shop.

I've never seen (in my limited experience) reference to Oraw or Owindow, and
would probably be confused by it anyway. If you're trying to define these
terms for the graphic arts industry instead of  guys like me, maybe there's
a need to differentiate the words with defintions. For my uses, I need to
use "mount board" or "mat board" (they mean the same to me except that one
is placed over the other), and "cut" or "uncut"..

my two cents worth.

J.R. Stewart
Leesburg, VA