[pure-silver] Re: Beautiful Photography

  • From: Charlie Thorsten <charlie_thorsten@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 14:16:06 -0700 (PDT)

I worked for almost ten years in the color darkroom before
digital printing took over the industry.  I think discussion
of chemical color processes would be fun, although I don't
know how much would actually occur.  Tim created the Chroma
list for just that purpose, but it didn't get the following
of pure-silver.  Perhaps allowing color discussion on pure-
silver would help everyone "band together".

I would welcome discussion of color films and printing,
especially if there are any Cibachrome printers out there.
Jim, are you still working with Ciba/Ilfochrome?  I'd also
like to hear from those working with RA4.  I started out
working with transparencies, but I was always amazed at the
"natural" quality of a good print from a large format color
negative.

-Charlie

--- On Fri, 6/12/09, Richard Knoppow <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

     I am beginning to wonder if this list should continue to be confined to
B&W. The reasoning is that "chemical" color photography is based on the same
silver emulsion technology as B&W. Since the whole field of chemical
photography (my term) has shrunk so much since the introduction of electronic
(digital) photography perhaps such restrictions should not continue. What say
others?