[pure-silver] Re: Avoiding pinholes on lith

  • From: Ken Sinclair <photo1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 21:10:34 -0600

HiJim,

Rather than a "normal" film such as D76 have a go with a non lith high
contrast developer such as D19. You will not get such a "crisp" or "smooth"
line edge, but the contrast will be much higher.

Ken

>Well, I tried full strength D76 to develop the lith film. Lith requires more
>strength than D76 provides. The highest density was weak (compared to other
>developers at the same exposure), and I still got the pinholes. Actually,
>the more I look at the holes, I also see what look like very small
>lines/cracks/scratches in the emulsion. Very random patterns.
>
>I have some stock lith film in the freezer. I'll see if I get the same
>results. They are the same Arista APHS lith film but a different lot number.
>
>Jim

 [||/\/\/\/\//\/||        Ken Sinclair RBP, FBPA.
 [||                            ||-|    Applied Photographic Services
 [||                            ||   |  Lethbridge,
 [||                            ||   |  Alberta, Canada,
 [||                            ||-|   (403) 381-1654.
 [||\/\/\/\//\/\||       photo1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx