[pure-silver] Re: Avoiding pinholes on lith

  • From: "J. Stewart" <jrstewart@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 21:53:33 -0400

Well, I tried full strength D76 to develop the lith film. Lith requires more
strength than D76 provides. The highest density was weak (compared to other
developers at the same exposure), and I still got the pinholes. Actually,
the more I look at the holes, I also see what look like very small
lines/cracks/scratches in the emulsion. Very random patterns.

I have some stock lith film in the freezer. I'll see if I get the same
results. They are the same Arista APHS lith film but a different lot number.

Jim