[pure-silver] Re: Avoiding pinholes on lith

  • From: "J. Stewart" <jrstewart@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 09:11:30 -0400

Peter, thanks.

I did try lith developer 1+1 and still got pinholes. This developer has HQ
and sulfite in Part A and carbonate and hydroxide in Part B (Arista Lith
Developer, I think).

I have D76/ID 11... it uses borax instead of carbonate. It contains both
metol and HQ... most lith developers have only HQ. I'd like to mix up
something quickly as I have to mail-order all my chemistry and don't want to
wait.

I wonder if I could make up a developer with a "lith" concentration of HQ
but use Borax and sulfite concentrations of D76.  Any thoughts on this
approach?

I searched thru Photo Lab Index but didn't find anything that would help.

Jim