[pure-silver] Re: Artists, their equipment and The Flow was: all this talk about free equipment :)

  • From: "Bob Younger" <ryounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 05:38:27 -0800

Alternatively Snoopy, you can just decide you need to go to a larger format
than your current enlargers will handle, say 4x5 to 8x10; then go buy a
newer enlarger in the larger format; with newer lenses of course. Oh, did I
mention buying the new camera and lenses??? There are just soooo many
opportunities for healing with our art.

Failing that, you could take Elias' advice on exercise, and of course Dr.s
can prescribe drugs; but I've heard they change your perspective, and you
might find you like the Kindermann prints after all.

Bob Younger

Dear Snoopy,

I believe the condition is more accurately described as obsessive compulsive
disorder. The first step to recovery is recognizing that you have a problem.
The second step is to buy a third enlarger, anther Kindermann, to be sure
you weren't working with a faulty model, and then to buy a later model durst
to be sure you're not tilting the findings too much in favor of one brand.

Exercise also helps.

Please let us know what you find. You are not alone.

Elias