[pure-silver] Re: Artists, their equipment and The Flow was: all this talk about free equipment :)

  • From: Elias Roustom <elroustom@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 08:20:29 -0500

I recently wanted to move
from my old Durst enlarger (about 40-50 years old, surprised it bears no Swastika...) to a newer Kindermann enlarger... But I am going to switch back to my old Durst this weekend. I never felt (in nearly three months) that
I could make the prints from the Kindermann look like "my" prints.

Am I paranoid ?                Snoopy

Dear Snoopy,

I believe the condition is more accurately described as obsessive compulsive disorder. The first step to recovery is recognizing that you have a problem. The second step is to buy a third enlarger, anther Kindermann, to be sure you weren't working with a faulty model, and then to buy a later model durst to be sure you're not tilting the findings too much in favor of one brand.

Exercise also helps.

Please let us know what you find. You are not alone.

Elias