RE: is there anything a PTR1 can do not available on PTR2

  • From: "Cuthbertson, Jamie" <Jamie.Cuthbertson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ptr1-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2006 13:56:02 +0100

Linda,

Again, as I understand it, the PTR2 works in much the same way as the
PTR1 in this regard.  Essentially it recognises 4 types of status of a
recording i.e. Master, Copy, DAISY and No Copyright.

You are allowed to copy one copy from a Master recording hence if you
record from a Music CD to the card, the PTR2 will see the original CD as
the Master and the copy will then get a copyright status of "Copy".
When you then try to copy from the card to a new CD, as you are only
permitted one legal copy, part of the copying process is to delete the
information on the card and the new CD becomes the item with status of
"Copy".

I don't think that you could copy from the copy CD back to the card
after this using the PTR2 because of the way it controls copyrighted
recordings.

Hopefully this isn't too much waffle!

Jamie