[pskmail] Re: PSKmail and TransArctic expedition

  • From: Олег К <kazz@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 00:52:08 +0300

Hi Per,

I thought about virtualbox, indeed. But there is no room for its running -
PIII+512MB. Still trying to update notebook's memory, but it's also not so
easy. eePC won't work in expedition conditions, indeed -
http://www.ec-arctic.ru/photos/view_photo.php3?id=1441,section=24,page=18
So, I'm still stuck on win$ for that journey.

Well. So, if you don't mind, I would test APRS in PSK31 (UI-View + PSK31srv) as
a "zero" variant. Then, with appearing of PSKmail for windows (or whatever -
fldigi works fine, the only thing - to inject APRS data into it :o), I would
move to PSK62 or PSK250 modes.
Regarding to the bands - I think we would start from standard APRS frq - 10.147
MHz. In addition to it I can operate in 14 MHz as well.

I'll use IC-7000 with 100W output (probably 40-50W in digital modes) and GP
2,5m (short vertical) on the top of the vehicle's roof.

73!
Oleg