[pskmail] Re: PSKmail and TransArctic expedition

  • From: Per Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 10:19:07 +0100

Hi Oleg,

Ok, I understand that available memory imposes these restrictions.
If disk space is a problem then you can actually have the virtual box
disk on a usb stick, assign very little memory to it (128 megs?).
But, just running APRS in PSK31 without the necessary frame start, frame
end and CRC etc will make it necessary to handle the position updates
manually on the server side. You will not get acks for your
transmissions either. I can have a go at the java gui and make it
possible to send proper aprs beacons that will be handled automatically
by the servers (which means you will be able to get a QSL sent from the
server) while you wait for the windows version.

When are you actually leaving? How long will you be out there?

Also, I have done a few proper predictions for this path and it looks
like 40 meters is a better bet than 30. I should have the server watch
both bands.

73 de Per, sm0rwo