[pskmail] Re: Installing PSKmail_server in UBUNTU 6.10

  • From: Rein Couperus <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 10:20:09 +0100

That is a hamlib problem, it does not go into the standard location for Debian.
If fldigi works you are ok with that.

> Is there a way to make a fresh installation of liveCD.iso in an empty harddisk
> so that it boots LINUX from the harddisk and runs from the harddisk?

The live CD of SM0RWO can be installed on a hard disk and then you start with
everything in the right place.

> If not what is the best/easiest Linux distribution that you reccomend?

I personally use UBUNTU. I have the PI4TUE pskmail server running under UBUNTU
4.10,
and the client on a laptop under UBUNTU 6.06 LTS. No experience with Edgy yet.
But there is no reason why it should not work under edgy... I guess the error
messages are something to do with perl libraries and gtk2 libraries not present?

There is a good description of how to install pskmail under UBUNTU on the wiki,
and otherwise I may be able to help... But I need to know the error messages.

73,

Rein EA/PA0R/P

PS: I will try to make a PAR file when I am back home, containing all the
libraries.
But that will have to wait until end of march, as I am lacking a useful
internet connection to the camper for using CPAN...

--
http://pa0r.blogspirit.com