[pskmail] Re: Installing PSKmail_server in UBUNTU 6.10

  • From: jason matonis <kb2sdrjay@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 07:37:31 -0800 (PST)

I had the client running on Edgy. I used apt-get install build-essential,
installed hamlib, fldigi, and followed the wiki for the client and it all
worked out. Make sure to install the libglade dev, otherwise you will have
problems during the wiki install.

Jason
KB2SDR

Rein Couperus <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [...]

That is a hamlib problem, it does not go into the standard location for Debian.
If fldigi works you are ok with that.

> Is there a way to make a fresh installation of liveCD.iso in an empty harddisk
> so that it boots LINUX from the harddisk and runs from the harddisk?

The live CD of SM0RWO can be installed on a hard disk and then you start with
everything in the right place.

> If not what is the best/easiest Linux distribution that you reccomend?

I personally use UBUNTU. I have the PI4TUE pskmail server running under UBUNTU
4.10,
and the client on a laptop under UBUNTU 6.06 LTS. No experience with Edgy yet.
But there is no reason why it should not work under edgy... I guess the error
messages are something to do with perl libraries and gtk2 libraries not present?

There is a good description of how to install pskmail under UBUNTU on the wiki,
and otherwise I may be able to help... But I need to know the error messages.

73,

Rein EA/PA0R/P

PS: I will try to make a PAR file when I am back home, containing all the
libraries.
But that will have to wait until end of march, as I am lacking a useful
internet connection to the camper for using CPAN...

--
http://pa0r.blogspirit.com

Don't pick lemons.
See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.