[projectaon] Outstanding Errata Sprint (Week 8) -- Ad-Hoc Part 1

  • From: Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Project Aon <projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2011 23:10:20 +0100

Hi all

As we are still musing over some of the errata from the past couple of weeks, it's probably a good idea to have an easy week of Yes/No (Fix/Reject) rather than thorny rules problems. So here's a series of ad-hoc issues that should be easy to reach a consensus on:

THE CAPTIVES OF KAAG

(??) 1: "You will have 48 hours in which to complete your mission. If, after the two days have elapsed, you have not returned, Rimoah will be forced to assume that you and the Guildmaster have perished. The dust storm will not last for more than two days, after which time there is a grave danger that the Skyrider will be spotted and attacked by the Kraan and Zlanbeasts which are known to patrol the skies around Kaag. [DED: I'm not sure what we could realistically do about his one, but in section 309 it states that ""A coal-black curtain-wall constructed of massive blocks of smooth, featureless stone, encircles this city, forty miles wide. At its centre there arises a gigantic citadel of black marble, pyramid-shaped and slitted with numerous vents to allow what passes for air to circulate within. Its highest point towers two miles above the desolate plain."" This implies that Lone Wolf has to walk at least 40 miles plus ascend 2 miles in the air to complete his mission, all within 48 hours. I know that he's a Kai Grand Master, but this seems to be a bit optimistic on Rimoah's part! Still, Lone Wolf manages it so I guess I should stop complaining ;)]"

<http://www.projectaon.org/test/en/xhtml-less-simple/lw/14tcok/title.htm#sect1>

(er) 10, 213: the commotion, and your presence, has -> the commotion, and your presence, have [LeRoy McSwain, Jan 2007]

<http://www.projectaon.org/test/en/xhtml-less-simple/lw/14tcok/title.htm#sect10>
<http://www.projectaon.org/test/en/xhtml-less-simple/lw/14tcok/title.htm#sect213>

(er) 69: man who you are seeking -> man whom you are seeking [LeRoy McSwain, Jan 2007]

<http://www.projectaon.org/test/en/xhtml-less-simple/lw/14tcok/title.htm#sect69>

(er) 307: Its sheer size and strength enables -> Its sheer size and strength enable [LeRoy McSwain, Jan 2007]

<http://www.projectaon.org/test/en/xhtml-less-simple/lw/14tcok/title.htm#sect307>

(er) 328: from best Durenese oak -> from the best Durenese oak [LeRoy McSwain, Jan 2007]

<http://www.projectaon.org/test/en/xhtml-less-simple/lw/14tcok/title.htm#sect328>

====================================

THE LEGACY OF VASHNA

(er)    8, 339: greystone -> grey stone

<http://www.projectaon.org/test/en/xhtml-less-simple/lw/16tlov/title.htm#sect8>
<http://www.projectaon.org/test/en/xhtml-less-simple/lw/16tlov/title.htm#sect339>

(er) 12: to find out who they are -> to find out who it is [LeRoy McSwain, Jan 2007: singular to agree with antecedent 'somebody']

<http://www.projectaon.org/test/en/xhtml-less-simple/lw/16tlov/title.htm#sect12>

(er) 124: everyone gets to their feet -> all get to their feet [LeRoy McSwain, Jan 2007]

<http://www.projectaon.org/test/en/xhtml-less-simple/lw/16tlov/title.htm#sect124>

(er)    185:    towheaded -> tow-headed [??]

<http://www.projectaon.org/test/en/xhtml-less-simple/lw/16tlov/title.htm#sect185>

====================================

THE DEATHLORD OF IXIA

(er) 14: "a horde of undead warriors leap -> a horde of undead warriors leaps [LeRoy McSwain, Mar 2007] [TP: Disagreed. Nouns like 'horde' are often interchangeable between singular and plural forms, depending on whether they are construed as being 'a group treated as one entity' or 'a number of...' (cf. 'some', 'lots': 'some of my friends are coming', not 'is coming').]"

<http://www.projectaon.org/test/en/xhtml-less-simple/lw/17tdoi/title.htm#sect14>

(er) 60: a trio of crackling bolts come -> a trio of crackling bolts comes [LeRoy McSwain, Mar 2007]

<http://www.projectaon.org/test/en/xhtml-less-simple/lw/17tdoi/title.htm#sect60>

(er) 64: "The trio of ghastly creatures press -> The trio of ghastly creatures presses [LeRoy McSwain, Mar 2007] [TP: definitely disagree. 'Trio', and more especially 'score', are essentially construed as alternative ways of saying 'three' and 'twenty'. 'A trio of performers is here' could pass, but 'a score of' or 'a dozen performers is here' definitely wouldn't.]"

<http://www.projectaon.org/test/en/xhtml-less-simple/lw/17tdoi/title.htm#sect64>

(er)    114:    "the horde falter -> the horde falters [LeRoy McSwain, Mar 2007]
[TP: Disagreed. (See S14 for details.)]"

<http://www.projectaon.org/test/en/xhtml-less-simple/lw/17tdoi/title.htm#sect114>

(er) 196: a row of pillars topple -> a row of pillars topples [LeRoy McSwain, Mar 2007]

<http://www.projectaon.org/test/en/xhtml-less-simple/lw/17tdoi/title.htm#sect196>

(er) 209: "A score of undead have -> A score of undead has [LeRoy McSwain, Mar 2007]
[TP: Disagree (See S64)]"

<http://www.projectaon.org/test/en/xhtml-less-simple/lw/17tdoi/title.htm#sect209>