[projectaon] Re: Fwd: do you want help????????

  • From: Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña <jfs@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 21:27:55 +0200

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 12:52:03AM +0800, Timothy Pederick wrote:
> Bringing this back to the list as I'm not sure how else to respond.

This seems to come from the fact that some (original) Project Aon Spanish
volunteers left the forums due to disagreements with some other members and
they created their own site. This site publishes PDF versions of the books
using unofficial translations.

"Unofficial" in the sense that these translations are not based on the ones
edited in Spain but are done by the forum members, they are also done for the
books that were not published in Spain.

As far as I know, they do not use the XML format (nor intend to use it) and
they don't follow the process used in the (original) Project Aon Spanish
(scan the original books -> proofread -> convert to PA's XML format ->
add to SVN --> publish it online). The latter surely takes more time than
just putting a translation in a Word file and generating a PDF version.

I think that Jon's answer is right on spot: people that wish to contribute
just have to read how to do so (it's right there at the site) and follow PA's
process. There's nothing stopping these people to providing XML files that
are included in SVN and used to "release" new versions of the books.

Regards

Javier