[projectaon] Re: Fwd: do you want help????????

  • From: Jonathan Blake <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Hurraca spain <hurracaspain@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 20:30:43 -0700

Greetings,

I understand your frustration. The Spanish language books have been
coming out slowly, and many more are available in English than in
Spanish. It sounds like you want to be able to access the books
legally, but feel forced to access illegal copies. From your
perspective, it seems like Spanish speaking fans are being neglected
by the English speaking volunteers.

As Project Aon Coordinator, I want to make sure that all Lone Wolf
fans across the world have access to the books in their own language.
Over the last few months, I have put off work on the English language
books to spend almost all of my time with Project Aon assisting the
Spanish language project to get three more books ready for publication
and to update the forum software. I would love to help with
translation and editing, but I do not know Spanish well enough. I
would be more of a problem than a help. I suspect that most of the
other volunteers who work on the English language books are in a
similar situation.

We at Project Aon work with the resources we have. Unfortunately, we
are limited by the volunteer time and talent available to us. However,
a lot of hard work by talented volunteers has gone into publishing the
Spanish books. I understand the frustration that readers have when the
books are published more slowly than you would like. Much of the hard
work is behind the scenes where it is hard to see why things progress
so slowly.

Thank you for bringing to my attention the availability of illegal
copies of the books. I wonder if they can be used to speed up the
publication of the Spanish books. I'll discuss this with the leaders
of the Spanish Project. Would you be willing to help gather these
illegal, electronic books and change them into a format that our
publication process could use? If so, your help could be invaluable.

In any case, please look forward to three more Spanish books being
published soon. I hope that all fans worldwide can feel united in our
enjoyment of these wonderful books. There are no second-class Kai.

¡Por Sommerlund y el Kai!

Jonathan Blake
Coordinator, Project Aon