RE: web-design . where does one start?

  • From: Trouble <trouble1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 09:41:45 -0400

Using the cursors for checking size and colors is ok, but you forget on major problem. Jaws rewrites the screen to fit its way of understanding the page. So page items may not be in position the way the page was actually written. Try using a screen reader that don't rewrite the screen for spoon feeding and you will see a big difference.

At 08:43 PM 9/18/2011, you wrote:
Hello Florian:

I suggest you use the Jaws cursor to get an idea of how the page looks, also
to find the position of certain elements, as well as colors.  For complex
pages, it is easier to use an existing template, being careful to respect
sizes of graphics and text.

Humberto