RE: web-design . where does one start?

  • From: "Client Services" <operations@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2011 22:36:07 -0400

Hello-

I have been using drupal with different themes and then making slight CSS
modifications.
I have developed many different corporate websites by changing around menu
names, logos, features, and positioning of the menus while leaving the theme
the same.
My firm develops online applications for video web broadcasting, online
stores, call centers, and many other custom applications.  We also develop
lead generation websites for mortgage and real estate brokers.

Here is my 2 cents on how I did it before I hired programmers:
1. Use a content management system like word press or drupal.
2. Work with a sighted person to pick up a few good themes that  you can
switch through.
3. Learn to work with blocks in drupal.
4. Focus on learning skills such as working with video, audio, online
ecommerce, and other high end custom applications most people are not able
to do easily.  Learn about asterisk, FMS,  and red5.
5. I can develop almost any type of custom application in drupal using PHP,
CSS, red5, asterisk, and shopping carts.
6. My graphic designer works with our clients  to do a mach up and then I
would implement the concept.
7. CSS is very powerful and easy to use to position elements on a page.
8. If you focus on the programming, conceptualization of features, and other
high end custom applications, you will be able to pay a graphic designer
hourly to make sure it looks good.

Call me any time if you need any more tips or ideas.

Warmest Regards,
H.R. Soltani
Star Federal, Inc.
Management, Consulting, and Development
When you prosper, we succeed!
Mailing Address: 228 Park Avenue South, #24165, New York, NY 10003
New York City Phone: (212) 561-5811
Washington DC Phone: 202-559-7200
Toll-Free Phone: (800) 212-2805
Fax: (800) 902-6049