Re: compilers in edSharp

  • From: Jamal Mazrui <empower@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 12:58:07 -0400 (EDT)

I recall there is an option in the AutoIt installer about associating
.au3 files with the AutoIt.exe executable (just like .doc files get
associated with MS Word when that program is installed).  Once that
association is made, pressing F5 in EdSharp is like opening the file in
Windows Explorer.  Based on the .au3 extension, the AutoIt source code
file would be run with its associated interpreter.

The following tokens may be used in specifying a compile command
(excerpted from the docs):

%ProgDir% = Full path of the directory containing the EdSharp.exe
program
%Source% = Full path of the source file
%SourceDir% = Full path of the directory containing the source file
%SourceName% = Name of the source file
%SourceRoot% = Root name without extension of the source file
%SourceExt% = Extension of the source file
The short path of a file or directory is used unless a variable
includes a Long suffix, e.g., %ProgDirLong% or %SourceLong%.  Most
utilities require long file names to be surrounded by quote marks,
e.g., "%SourceLong%" syntax.  For technical reasons, if quotes are
used within the command line, then a pair of quotes should also be
added around it.

Jamal