Scripting with Window-Eyes and Homer Layout

  • From: Jamal Mazrui <empower@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 09:20:47 -0400 (EDT)

To anyone who is a JAWS user yet open to trying the scripting language of
another screen reader, Homer Layout may ease the transition.  It is a
Window-Eyes script that emulates the JAWS keyboard interface, while also
incorporating functionality unique to Window-Eyes.  In my opinion, its
scripting engine is the most powerful that has ever been part of a screen
reader, regardless of platform.

More information about Homer Layout is at
http://gwmicro.com/scripts/Homer_Layout

To try it, you would first need to install Window-Eyes 6.1, licensed or
demo version, and then the 7.0 public beta available at
http://gwmicro.com
This script is in late beta (I hope!), so I appreciate feedback to resolve
remaining issues.

For the record, I have no financial relationship with GW Micro.  I have
participated in the beta testing process of the latest version.

Regards,