Re: Oracle Meeting - community requests?

  • From: Andreas Stefik <stefika@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 19:24:10 -0600

Hi Jim,

> I don't know enough to know which part is NetBeans and which isn't. Does
> SodBeans look at visual elements or does NetBeans do that?

Sodbeans does it for sure, although I'm not sure off the top of my
head whether you can gather that kind of visual information from the
access bridge, or whether JAWS/NVDA actually uses it, if it's there.
I'm guessing not, but I forget.

With that said, that information IS available to Sodbeans, because of
the way we are plugged into NetBeans, which is basically our own
cross-platform access bridge we wrote ourselves. From that, we can
gather almost any of this kind of stuff, although sometimes it takes
some serious hacking and time to make it all work well together.

Stefik