Re: KeySoft: a modern version under current OS's

  • From: Alex Midence <alex.midence@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 21:58:57 -0500

Does it have a braille display?  If it does, it's a steal.  Even if it
doesn't, it's an impressive little machine.  I've never been too
worried about my songs though.  I use a victor reader for that or,
potentialy, an iPod.  The tool for the job, you understand.  I'd like
to have a note taker that I could program my own little apps for if I
watned to.  I could do that with the braille plus since it's on linux.
 I don't think I could do that on the Braille Sense Plus.  I've heard
horror stories about windows CE.  I'd also like to be able to run main
stream apps on a note taker.  Bet you  could run open office on the
braille plus.  MIght even be able to run eclipse or code::blocks on it
since they have linux versions.  Am I correct in these assumptions?

Alex M