Re: KeySoft: a modern version under current OS's

  • From: Alex Midence <alex.midence@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 02:43:33 -0500

You know, it would be really awesome if someone came up with a braille
note taker that ran on linux.  I have a braille sense plus 32 and it
has 16 gb of on board memory.  You just need 1 or 2 gigs to run a
vinux distro on a machine.  It seems a waste to only have these
devices run on windows mobile or, worse, as in the case of the bs 32,
windows CE.  They could implement their own desktop specifically
taylored to the machine with their own apps on it but still give the
user access to the command line interface and all the apps and tools
that run in that.  Wish I had a note taker I wasn't using and  the
funds not to go all shaky at the thought of experimenting with such an
expensive device.  Might provide hours of fun tinkering.

Alex M