Re: Drupal and Microsoft CMS Options?

  • From: Alex Midence <alex.midence@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 08:21:26 -0600

I tried that once.  I was pasting stuff from a document we had that
was a procedure.   It was in tabular form and I was selecting text in
one of the cells to paste into a sort of faq we have here for our
employees afterwhich I modified the text and saved my changes.  I did
this for about 60 or 70 items which took me the better part of 2
hours.  A week or so later, I noticed that my additions had been
removed and then altered.  When I inquired as to why, it turned out
that sharepoint also pasted in formatting from word and the visual
look of my changes was messing up the whole page because it didn't go
with what was there.  This is why I just raw code my stuff in html by
hand now because that is the only way I can be sure that it's not
going to do something behind the scenes on me.  There was no
indication for me before that it formatted poorly, you see.
Apparently, it copied cell borders and color coding from the other
document but, no nested tables or tables of any kind for that matter
were reported by Jaws.  If this cutting and pasting of text works for
you, Jim, that's great.  However, I think you might want to have a
sighted friend look at some of the stuff you paste from time to time
to make sure what happened to me doesn't happen to you.  .

Thanks.
Alex M