Drupal and Microsoft CMS Options?

  • From: "RicksPlace" <ofbgmail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 08:00:44 -0500

Hi: I know very little about CMS. As a result of Jamal using it, I have looked
at some of the Drupal docs by googling but am having trouble wrapping my head
around exactly how it all works since I am an old Microsoft user. I am trying
to figure out a similar option in the Microsoft World. So far I think that
Sharepoint and Open Office, both 2010 versionws with accessibility, sound like
they are the Microsoft counterpart to Drupal. does this sound about right?
Since they support ARIA and the other new Web Standards, or at least some
articles say they do, has anyone tried them out? If there is another Microsoft
thingy where it looks or works sort of a CMS with DB storage and perhaps Media
support could you mention it so I can do a little more digging?
It looks like allot of blind folks are trying to use various CMS Websites and
most of them are pretty bad. They also sound almost as complex to create and
maintain as a standard Website developed in something like VWD. Anyway, thanks
for any input you provide on CMS, Drupal or any Microsoft counterpart products
that I can research a little more.
Again, the Microsoft 2010 versions of the Open Office and Sharepoint are
suppose to be accessible where the older versions were not very accessible if
that helps.
Rick USA