Re: Cognos Problem with JAWS

  • From: Dorene Cornwell <dorenefc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 14:29:47 -0700

Hi Brent

Did you get any private replies to this?

To be honest, it sounds like your problem could EITHER be something with
JAWS or something with Cognos. I say this because the problem occurs in two
different versions of Explorer as well.

Once in awhile when someone posts a query like this, someone else will have
suggestions for things to try related to the different JAWS cursors and I am
a lousy source for anything like that.

Otherwise,you may need to get your own tech support on the phone with both
Cognos and FS to figure out what the issues might be. I ask in a few
different places about people using these tools with JAWS and my sense is
there really are not a lot of people so you probably get to be on the
bleeding edge of testing accessibility features.

For instance, is there some other way to enter things that go into formulas?

I am interested in what you figure out about this.

DoreneC
Seattle WA