Cognos Problem with JAWS

  • From: "Brent Neal" <bneal@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 09:58:16 -0600

Our data warehouse team uses IBM Cognos to create reports for our users.  The
Report Studio is an internet application.  I created a table inside the report
and in one of the table cells I need to add a formula.  To do this I go to
query calculation and double click with the left mouse button.  This brings up
a pop-up edit box used to enter the name of the formula.  Once I type the name
and hit enter another pop-up edit box called expression definition pops up
which is used to enter the code.  This worked correctly for about 5 times then
after that JAWS would no longer recognize it as an edit box.  It still pops up
but JAWS does not recognize it and does not allow a sighted user to type in it.
 A sighted user can copy and paste something in this box but cannot type.  When
we upgraded from IE6 to IE8 it worked correctly for about 5 or 6 more times
then the same problem came up.  I cannot think of anything I am doing
different.  Does anyone have any idea what JAWS could be doing to cause this
problem and how to fix it?  This is very important because this is where you
type and modify the code.
Any suggestions are appreciated.
Thank You

Brent Neal