Re: Auditory interface ideas, what would help?

  • From: Andreas Stefik <stefika@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 14:40:20 -0500

Alex,

we were considering changing the prosody (voice inflection), when you browse
to a line that has an error. For example, the voice might get "deeper" when
you are on a line with an error, then at the end of the sound might say,
"Error: " then give you the name of the error. What do you think about that
kind of clue?

This wouldn't give you details on an error that's not on the same line
though. I was thinking that trying to represent that might get overwhelming.
What do you think? Any ideas for how you could represent that without
overwhelming the person with info (e.g., multiple errors on multiple lines)?

--
Andreas Stefik, Ph.D.
Department of Computer Science