Re: Auditory interface ideas, what would help?

  • From: Vladyslav Kutsenko <kutsenko@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 23:35:04 +0200

Hello Andreas,

Andreas Stefik schrieb:
I've got an overwhelming number of ideas about what could help, but I can't implement them all and would like to get some feedback from the community. Specifically, we're looking for some ideas in two main areas, code completion and auditory navigation.

2. Auditory navigation --- I have a graduate student currently working on a blind code navigation system. Right now, the system allows you to jump around the source window and find variable declarations, method declarations, and other similar things, but we want to expand the navigation to make things easier.

I think it is very important to get information on the context the code is in. So for example, it is sometimes quite time consuming to read code which contains numerous into each other embedded variable scopes. In my experience, maintaining of such code, often results in algorithm errors. The information about the level of scope recursion which could also contain additional information about the scope properties, e.g. "if block", "for loop ...) would be in my opinion of huge importance.

Thank you for your work!

Vladyslav