[procps] Re: first part of nls

  • From: Jim Warner <james.warner@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: procps@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 23:44:09 -0600

On Dec 21, 2011, at 8:04 PM, Craig Small wrote:

> It's not but it can be done afterwards.  I tried it on a separate clone
> and it worked fine with a few conflict tweaks. Here is git lola
> That looks right, it compiles and has the history.
> As far as 31 patches versus 25, I only got 25.
> It looks like the history was
>   top_nls
>   sami_nls
> and now it is
>   sami_nls
>   top_nls
>
> but it is all there.

There should be no conflicts and thus no tweaks.

How could you have received only 25?  Here'e the start end end of what was in
the tarball I sent.
   0001-top-with-lib-xalloc-changes-restored-prior-memory-lo.patch
   0031-top-update-README-with-benchmarks-using-NLS-support.patch

Please Craig, reset your local copy to before this fiasco, merge Sami's nls
branch and then apply my 31 patches.  Afterward do a push with force to
procps/master, just like Sami does with his nls branch.

Jim