[procps] Re: first part of nls

  • From: Craig Small <csmall-procps@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: procps@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 22:02:50 +1100

On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 01:59:27AM -0600, Jim Warner wrote:

> On Dec 22, 2011, at 1:51 AM, Sami Kerola wrote:
> > Merge with strategy octopus failed.
> > So one else's turn to fix.
>
> I agree, and that someone is Craig.
> He created the problem and it's easily solved.
> Why he insists on more bandaids is a complete mystery.
I was actually doing it the right way, despite what both of you are
saying.  It was a trivial fix too.

It should be right now, its looking ok to me and I've pushed the commits
to gitorious.

git reset doesn't work too well on remote branches.

I'll be changing the name of the library. procfs is the actual fs,
procps-ng was fiddly. However procps is ok and there is no conflict with
the old library.

The reason is because the library name was procps-3.2.8, that wasn't the
soname so libprocps.so.0.0.0 wont clash. I always thought
libprocps-3.2.8 was libprocps version 3.2.8 but it is not. It is library
name libprocps-3.2.8 with no version.

It means all functions will be prepended with procps_ so it doesnt clash
with any system level type things directly related to the real
filesystem.

I'll update and push that change and that's probably it for me for the
master trunk.

 - Craig
--
Craig Small VK2XLZ   http://enc.com.au/          csmall at : enc.com.au