[powerdot] Re: Draft option?

  • From: Luis Sequeira <lfsequeira@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: powerdot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 11:57:02 +0100

On Jun 19, 2007, at 6:01 PM, Hendri Adriaens wrote:

Hi Luis,

I have been using powerdot since it appeared and I am now making my
first true attempt at designing a personal style.
I can create a style that uses an eps file as a background, and I can
also use a solid color, or gradient, if desired. What I would like to
do is to add a "draft" option to my style,
so that I can render much faster (using a solid background), and then
just remove this option for a final version that uses the eps file
background.

What would be the most recommended way to achieve this?

Not tested, but I think you can specify the draft option in the
documentclass command. graphicx will pick it up and set \ifGin@draft
to true. So I think you can use that boolean to decide what you want
to do. Does that help?

Best,
-Hendri.

It it works, that will certainly let me achieve what I want. I will try it!

Thanks

Luis