[powerdot] Re: Draft option?

  • From: Luis Sequeira <lfsequeira@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: powerdot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 12:38:42 +0100

On Jun 20, 2007, at 12:01 PM, Hendri Adriaens wrote:

BTW, graphicx already replaces the eps with an empty box when
specifying the draft option. You can still but a solid background
there using the \ifGin@draft but the approach offered by graphicx
might already be enough for you.

-Hendri.

You're right! It is *almost* enough just to put the draft option in and let graphicx do its thing. There only two (actually) drawbacks to this very simple approach: the empty box comes out white (which provides for bad contrast since the intended background in this case is darkish and the foreground is in lighter colors); and, somewhat distracting, the file name gets displayed.

Of course, any other includegraphics that may be in the presentation naturally get the same empty box treatment; I can live with that (since most illustrations I need are usually built with pstricks, anyway).

Thanks again for your quick and precise help.

Luis