[powerdot] Re: Colour of inactive equation numbers in the itemize environment

  • From: "Hendri Adriaens" <spotje@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: powerdot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 13:21:00 +0200

Hi Luis,

> I tried redefining \@eqnnum, that is used to set up the equation numbering
> using \normalcolo etc., but it didn't work out. As I was in a bit of a rush,
> having to submit today my presentation to an upcoming conference, I didn't
> have the time to dig further. Maybe I might in the near future if time
> permits... :)

That might work, but you should take into account that packages like
amsmath (which you might be using) might redefine it again, making
your work effortless. The safest, I think, is by defining \color such
that it also sets \normalcolor. But I didn't inspect where
\normalcolor is used elsewhere (in the kernel and in packages) so I
don't know about the possible sideeffects. Maybe \@eqnnum is indeed
safer, but then we should have an \AtBeginDocument structure that
copies that commands from all math packages around and modifies them.
So like
if amsmath loaded
then \@eqnnum=...
if... loaded then
et cetera.

But it's all just guessing. Further inspection is definitely
necessary. Anyway, I'll forward this to the author of xcolor.

> Have a nice weekend.

Thanks, same to you.

Best,
-Hendri.