-=PCTechTalk=- Re: old computer memory question

  • From: "GuitarMan" <PCTech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 17:53:35 -0400

Jo Ann,
    After several hours of searching for info, I've come up empty on this
particular question.  I did find lots of info on every other aspect of this
board, but that's not going to help you here.

    I hate to say it, but I think your best bet would be to pull out one of
the memory modules and count the pins manually.  Just remember to turn off
the computer before opening up the case and also to ground yourself by
touching one of the exposed bare metal rails of the case before reaching
inside to extract one of the modules.  This is necessary to help protect the
sensitive internal components from any static electricity charge you're
carrying.

Peace,
G Man

PCTechTalk Owner