-=PCTechTalk=- Re: msn messenger

  • From: "cris" <cris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 07:31:46 -0400

Thank you again!
I had never clicked on the add/remove windows components before!
it lists windows messenger in there - says it will remove it from the start up
menu. It has a checkmark by it now - I'm a little confused on what will
actually happen with it if I uncheck it - will that add it back into the start
menu? (I would remove windows messenger also )-
but no sign of msn messenger - they seem to be identical, but two separate
programs.
I'm wondering if I went to add/remove before when I had problems with it and
tried to remove it then.
I have the little icons on my Internet explorer bar - just says messenger -
doesn't say which one it is. They both use the same icons too.
guess I am being really dense about all of this....
crisS
From: "cris" <cris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

TY !
well !! it still doesn't show up in add/remove programs! Even re-booted
again just to be sure it didn't need  a re -boot to show up.
crisS
From: "cris" <cris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

will it then show up in add remove? since it doesn't now?

ok - I found the file and the line.
when you say - On all entries that have hide.....
what do you mean by ALL entries ?
all entries in that entire page? or just the one in that string?
Just want to be sure before I mess with it!
thx!
CrisS